Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA [Fall 2002 – Spring 2006]
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design, GPA-4.00
Minor in History, Technology, and Society
TeachGwinnett TAPP Program, Suwanee, GA [Summer 2010 – Spring 2011]
Attended seminars, workshops, and mentor-led conferences to pursue an alternative route to teacher
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine: Carolinas Campus, Spartanburg, SC
Educational Specialist for the Primary Care Division [April 2014 – present]
- Coordinate the lectures and labs for the PPC/OMM (Principles of Primary Care/Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine) course.
- Organize archive of PPC/OMM curriculum documents, including syllabi, lecture and lab presentations, instructional handouts, and exams.
- Communicate regularly with OMM faculty about their responsibilities and with students about course expectations.
- Translate practical exam rubrics into electronic forms. Manage the logistics of scheduling, proctoring, and grading practical exams.
- Make recommendations to Discipline Chair to improve the syllabi and learning objectives using Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Catalog exam questions in ExamSoft for search and retrieval and departmental analysis.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to design and build case-based e-learning modules.
- Consult with other departments about integrating technology to improve their efficiency.
Medical Education Specialist [July 2012 – March 2014]
- Compiled, formatted, and administered classroom exams using ExamSoft. Then, graded and posted exam results.
- Evaluated item analysis reports and made recommendations to build a bank of valid test questions.
- Posted all student resource materials online in the Scholar LMS, and prepared the classroom for each lecture.
- Maintained up-to-date grade, attendance, and calendar records.
- Identified students in need of tutoring and advocate student-centered interventions.
Jana Brunken Design, Buford, GA and Spartanburg, SC
Freelance Graphic Designer/Artist/Marketing Administrator/Communications Coordinator [April 2007 – present]
- Brainstorm with client to develop marketing collateral that supports and enhances the vision of an event, organization, or program.
- Sketch and refine concepts digitally and by hand, presenting a variety for client’s approval.
- Edit and write text for brochures, advertising, and press releases.
- Prepare files for printing, utilizing PMS and color processing.
- Communicate with clients‘ customers through website updates, Facebook posts, and email marketing.
- Manage projects for clients, meet deadlines, and issue invoices.
Sylvan Learning Center, Buford, GA, Suwanee, GA, and Spartanburg, SC
Teacher [May 2009 – December 2011]
- Led extracurricular academic instruction for up to three students at a time.
- Taught students new concepts, provided encouragement during individual practice, and regularly monitored skill retention, reteaching concepts if necessary.
Gwinnett County Public Schools, Suwanee, GA
Middle Grades Math Teacher: Dacula Middle School [August 2009 – May 2011]
- Planned and designed lesson plans, worksheets, and related PowerPoint presentations that
incorporated state-mandated curriculum standards & stimulated middle school age students.
- Facilitated the needs and interests of learners of various skill levels to promote active
participation from all students.
- Wrote, evaluated, and administered classroom assessments for the math department, utilizing depth
of knowledge criteria.
Substitute Teacher [January 2009 – May 2009]
- Stood in for classroom teachers in emergency and on short-term absences.
- Followed lesson plans set by teachers and managed students according to school policy.
Big Bang, formerly Big Design, Inc., Decatur, GA
Industrial Designer/Design Researcher [Summer 2006 – Fall 2008]
Industrial Design Intern [Fall 2004 – Summer 2006]
- Organized, implemented, and analyzed both qualitative and quantitative research projects to
discover consumers’ unmet needs and reactions to new product ideas.
- Planned and participated in multi-day events that brought a cross-disciplinary team together to
brainstorm, evaluate, and choose the top product ideas to move forward with.
- Sketched and rendered concepts for clients in various industries, such as consumer electronics,
household appliances, medical products, children’s products, and more.
- Managed projects through concept generation, refinement, engineering, and vendor coordination.
Skills & Processes