Client: St. James United Methodist Church, Stewardship Committee
Challenge: To tell the story of the church’s ministry and to inspire and encourage donors to give during the annual stewardship campaign.
- Designed an 18-page, full-color booklet that was both printed and hosted online as a digital magazine.
- Categorized the line items of the traditional budget into five ministry areas.
- Illustrated both the monetary and time commitments required of each ministry area in relation to the total budget.
- Interviewed church leaders and summarized their stories of the church’s ministries.
- Organized annual stewardship campaign around the narrative budget, including matching Estimate of Giving cards.
- Developed email and social media campaigns to distribute the digital magazine and to encourage pledges.
- The stewardship campaign met its goal for pledges to cover the 2015 annual budget.
Gallery [click to enlarge]:
Narrative budget document designed to tell the story of the church’s ministry and to inspire and encourage donors to give during the annual stewardship campaign.
An 18-page, full-color booklet was both printed and hosted online as a digital magazine through Issuu.com.
Pages 4-5 of Narrative Budget explain how the line item budget was cateogrized into five distinct ministry areas.
Pages 6-7 of Narrative Budget describe one of the budget categories. Scripture, quotes, and photos illustrate the ministry’s story.
Estimate of Giving cards were distributed to the congregation to record their pledges. The cards were perforated so when donors returned the cards, they could keep the information about how to access the narrative budget online.
In addition to a direct mail campaign, a Facebook post kicked off the stewardship campaign, encouraging followers to click over to the digital version of the narrative budget.
Wrap-up email from the stewardship campaign reminded the congregation to submit their pledge cards on Commitment Sunday.
Return to Portfolio…